COVID-19 Resources for Startups
During this virtual version of our Connection to Innovation event series we discussed tracking and contact tracing to combat COVID-19 and the different approaches used in the U.S. and Israel, along with any emerging privacy considerations that may come with the technology. We had an incredible lineup of speakers that did a great job of informing our audience on the topic, which included: Kate Black, Shareholder at Greenberg Traurig Law Firm, Dan Peleg, Founder and CEO of FIBA company GlobeKeeper, Dr. Thomas Unnasch, Distinguished USF Health Professor, Dr. Michael Bloom, Vice Chair of USF Research Response to COVID-19 Task Force.
During this webinar on May 4th, we brought in two seasoned experts Dulani Porter, EVP/Partner at SPARK, and Adam Grossman, Co-founder and Chief Development Officer at The Selling Factory to advise us on how to stay afloat in COVID times with acute remote sales, communications and marketing tactics. Check out the power point by Dulani Porter presented during the webinar and a recording of the webinar below.
Check out the power point presentation by Hill Ward Henderson during our Webinar April 20th that will cover important information about different Employment Issues we are facing during coronavirus.
Webinar at a glance:
- The current crisis is putting a strain on many companies’ ability to retain employees
- Navigating the challenges of layoffs, furloughs, and pay reductions can be overwhelming
- Our experts will help understand US employment laws so you avoid costly mistakes in handling employee matters during these tough times
Check out the power point presentation by Cherry Bekaert during our Webinar April 13th that will walk you through everything you need to know about the CARES Act process.
CARES Act at a glance:
- As part of the CARES Act, the US government has expanded loans to small businesses available under PPP (Payroll Protection Program.)
- Israeli Companies with a US entity and employees residing in the US may be eligible for these loans
- There is a limited amount of funding available for these loans unless Congress approves additional funding. It is recommended you reach out to your Bank as soon as possible to start the process.
- There is a lot to understand and consider in applying for these loans. Please contact Dara M. Simon, CPA at email@example.com for any questions.